Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break - Golden Gate Park

Last Tuesday we went to Golden Gate Park. It was a beautiful day and our first stop was the Japanese Tea Garden. It was even more beautiful than the last time we went since the trees and bushes were blossoming. Detroit had a lot of fun with Brandon (my cousin).




****

Next, we went to Stowe Lake and Strawberry Hill. It is a pretty little island surrounded by a lake.


While at Stowe Lake, we decided to rent a 6-seater bike to ride around the park. It was a blast...not to mention hilarious. Joaquin and Detroit got to ride up front. Detroit thoroughly enjoyed this experience; Joaquin did not. He ended the ride sitting in my lap. He sure looked cute in his helmet though!

(Take a close look at how much fun Joaquin is NOT having. I am not sure which he hated more - his helmet or riding up front)

(Take a close look at how much fun Detroit is having. It is especially fun when everyone else has to push the bike uphill!)

****

Our next stop was the Dutch Windmill and the Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Garden. WOW!!! I am so glad we got to see the tulips in bloom.

1 comment:

kallunkimom said...

If there's one thing I am learning from reading your blog, it's that we should take time to do things with our family! It seems like every time I turn around, you're posting about someplace you've visited or something you've done.

All I can think about is WORK! I never feel like we have time to do anything fun for a day or two. I find this really sad since it's just a few short years before my kids are grown and gone!!!!

Thanks for your great example.
I will take the time to make memories with my kids...I promise!