Sunday, March 2, 2008

Roswell, NM

Hallelujah!! Jared is finished with the bar...now we just wait for the results. This week Joaquin and I are hanging out with Jared in Roswell. We decided that it was high time for me to see the city that we are going to be moving to. So far so good. I really like it. It definitely has southern charm - the people are really nice and the pace of life is a lot slower than California. It has everything I need to survive, and by that I mean Target, The Dollar Tree, a Scrapbooking Store and a library. In fact the kid's section of the library is incredible. It is by far the best one I have ever seen. I also checked out the Scrapbook Store and I am VERY happy. I will be spending a lot of time there. It rivals all of the best scrapbook stores in Utah! There is definitely "alien" pride going on in this town and it is pretty cute. In fact, their McDonald's is the only UFO shaped one in the world! This is an interesting town because it is a mixture of New Mexico culture as well as Texas. Many of the people have a slight Texas twang and there are lots of trucks and big belt buckles. I am really excited about our upcoming adventures in Roswell.

We were planning on moving here in about a month, but there are NO apartments available. Long story short, FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training something or other) is in town training their border patrol agents and so all of the apartments are taken...and will be for at least the next two years. So, we will be buying a house immediately. This just means that the kids and I will be staying in San Ramon a little longer. (My parents are cheering.) I will start looking at houses this week and will come back in April to hopefully make an official offer.

I will post pictures of Roswell soon!

2 comments:

c hanson said...

Alien pride? I would like to hear more about that! Anyway, congratulations to Jared on making it through the bar and good luck with the house hunting!

kallunkimom said...

Tiesha, I am SO HAPPY that you have a scrapbook store in town! That is great news for you! Target is another necessity in my book and the library is also a plus.

I hope you are able to find a good house quickly. I'm sure you will.