Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Funny Girl

Today I was getting ready to go to a conference with Detroit's teacher. My mom had Joaquin downstairs and he was crying a lot. I asked Detroit to go downstairs and help Grandma with Joaquin. This was her response:

Detroit: "Sorry mom. I am giving birth."
Me: "You are giving birth right now?"
Detroit: "I really can't help. I am giving birth."
Me: "Well maybe you can give birth later so you can go help Grandma."
Detroit: "All right, but you should know that I am VERY pregnant."

She gave birth to a beautiful paper girl that was fully clothed and about 6 years old. At least this birth only entailed drawing while "giving birth." I guess this makes me a grandma.

1 comment:

kallunkimom said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! She has a SERIOUS imagination!!! Thanks for the laugh:) :) :)