Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Engagement!

Eleven years ago, Jared and I became engaged. We went to a Mongolian BBQ place in Provo (which unfortunately is no longer there) and when they brought the bill and our fortune cookies, mine had a handwritten note inside. It basically said that there was a surprise for me in the car. When we got to the car, I had a rose laying on my seat and another fortune cookie waiting for me. I opened that and it said something like this: "Me want wife. Me want you. What you say baby?" Then Jared got on his knee in the parking lot and asked me to marry him. I still say BYU should name a building after us or something since we dated 2 whole years and were engaged an entire 6 months! Isn't that a record or something?

I am so lucky that I found such an awesome man!

1 comment:

kallunkimom said...

I never heard the story of how you got engaged! That is awesome!
It sucks when the place you got engaged no longer exists...the same thing happened to us. Maybe we should suggest to our boys that they be sure to pop the question in a location that is not going to go out of business!