Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jared, Happy Valentine's Day!

To Jared:
I love you and appreciate the sacrifice you are making for us. I know it is hard to be away from each other and we know that you are doing it for us. You are awesome!

Ten Things I Love About You:

1 - You have the kindest heart ever; you make people feel good.

2 - You are an awesome dad who appreciates all the small moments.
(case in point - I know you will be crying by the end of this video)

(Up until Littlest Pets took over, Detroit's all time favorite thing in the world was Care Bears. She owned every plastic figure, most of the mini stuffed animals and LOVED watching the movies. In fact, when she was three, she used to give us the "Care Bear Stare" if she ever got in trouble. Anyway, this particular scene from Care Bears II reminds us of a very precious time in our lives, and neither one of us can watch it without getting choked up.)

3 - You have a sweet pirate goatee.

4 - You say the nicest things to me...even when I don't deserve it.

5 - You cry and you wear pink (because that is what real men do).

6 - You make me laugh every day.

7 - You are bigger than me.
(I always said I would marry someone 6'4" or taller)

8 - You have beautiful blue eyes and I love the scar on your eyebrow.

9 - You are generous.

10 - You love me.

Every day that goes by I am so happy that you picked me.

****
To Daddy - Love, Detroit:

Dear Dad,

I wish you a happy Valentine's Day. I wish you were here to celebrate it with us. I miss you. I just wish I could be with you. Here are FIVE things I like about you.

1 - You are my dad.

2 - You are silly and make me laugh.

3 - You and mom are the best people in the world because you are kind.

4 - You were the first person to hold me out of the hospital.

5 - I love the way you look...you are handsome.

I think you are an awesome dad. I am thankful for you.

I LOVE YOU!

No comments: