Thursday, February 21, 2008

Free at Last



After eating many of my mom's artificial plants, our cat Lunchie had to have surgery to remove them from her stomach. I guess she didn't realize that plastic does not decompose! Don't you love animals? Anyway, after costing us more than I ever thought possible, we brought home the little darling. Of course, after having surgery she had to wear a cone...and did look quite funny. Last night we finally took the cone off and she is a very happy kitty. And I am very happy now that I don't have to hear her scratching the plastic all night - although it was pretty funny when she would spend 10 minutes licking the plastic since she couldn't lick anything else. Poor little unloved kitty! Hope she appreciates us!
(By the way, she is trying to squeeze her entire body onto my flip-flop...guess that is a comfy place to sleep.)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Poor Lunchie! But I'm glad to hear at least it's not Bama causing the trouble this time. Just wanted to pop on and say "hi".
I check out your blog every so often and think about you four all the time. Big hugs to Detroit and Joaquin! Miss you.
Angela

kallunkimom said...

Boy I remember when our cat Cookies got attacked by a dog! She was torn wide open at her belly. We had to keep her in the house for about a month (she was an outside cat). Matt and I had to clean her stitched area and apply ointment for a couple of weeks and she had to keep that cone on so she wouldn't like the ointment off! She hated it! The good thing is that she seemed to like us more after that. Matt doesn't really care for the cats at all but felt a kindof bond with her after that experience. We all took it really hard when she died about a year ago during a very cold spell. Gotta love pets! We sure do!