Friday, January 25, 2008

Weekend in San Diego - Go Red Devils!!

On Friday, I got to go to the school I taught at last year (Golden Avenue) and see my kids. They are now in first grade. It was so wonderful to see them. There is no better feeling than seeing their faces light up. What a confidence booster! They all looked so cute. I also got lots of hugs from kids I didn't even know! Then I got to see all my co-workers. I was so lucky to be at such an awesome school.

Friday night we went to one of my favorite restuarants, Karina's. We met Christine (Jared's cousin), a co-worker of Christine's, and Rick and Susan (Cass' parents/Christine's in-laws). Cass couldn't make it since her varsity girls had a game. It was fun to see everyone, and afterward we went to the basketball game together. Thankfully, the girls pulled off a win.

Detroit LOVES being with Christine!

Rick and Susan

(They introduced us to the fun of karioke and to the best hamburgers ever - "Rick Burgers"!)

Cheering for the Red Devils.

No comments: