Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Early Birthday, Jared!



Tonight we celebrated Jared's birthday! I can't believe he is 32...I remember when that used to sound so old. Now it seems so young. Jared's birthday is actually Jan. 14, but he is leaving tomorrow for New Mexico (more about that in a minute). Jared was excited to have coconut cream pie for his birthday. He also got pop-a-point pencils - which he loves. (Seriously, he is always stealing Detroit's.) Detroit also made her dad an awesome card for his birthday.


I am glad she included some spending money for Albuquerque. He will need it.

About New Mexico:
Jared has interviewed with New Mexico Legal Aid, and they want him to come and check out two of their offices. One is in Socorro, which is about 70 miles south of Albuquerque. The other is in Roswell. We are hoping that all will go well and he will have a JOB by next week. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

kallunkimom said...

Jared, be sure to check your email on your birthday...I sent you a card. Hope everything goes well with the job situation. We'll be thinking about you!

Uncle Rasta said...

Detroit-

I could used some of the spending money that you gave me the other day in Albuquerque. Thank you for it, it was very thoughtful of you to give it to me. Too bad I had to spend it on the car, so I could get back to Roswell.

Tomorrow, I will drive to Carlsbad, NM home of the famous Carlsbad Caverns. We will have to go there when we get a chance.

I could not sleep so I got up because I wanted to look at pictures of you, your brother and your mother. I miss ya'll so much that it hurts a bit. I hope that it will be a short time, and that I will not have to do this again.

I love you so much. Give momma and Joaquin great big hugs and love from me. I need you to be on your absolute best behavior for Mom and she says you have not been the last couple of days. I hope that will change tomorrow and you'll be the sweet, helpful girl that I know you almost always are.

Love you more than anything,

Pops