Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's Great To Be Eight!

On Saturday, April 12th, Detroit was baptized.


I cannot believe my baby is eight years old! Everyday I look at her and see that she is growing up just a little bit more. Her baptism was beautiful and she got to share the experience with four other children in our ward (church group).


Detroit's dad got to baptize her and then her Grandpa confirmed her.


These are our friends that stood in her confirmation circle:


To make the day even more special, Detroit's Grandma Kallunki came to California from Utah and of course, Jared traveled from New Mexico. It was a wonderful, special day and I think she will always remember it.

1 comment:

Saskia said...

Oh my gosh, it seems like yesterday that Detroit was just a little two-year old with tiny curly pig tails! Unbelievable. I still remember the first time you brought her over to our apartment in Birmingham...or Jared missing class because she had the chicken pox...or her undying love for Dr. Seuss...Congratulations to Miss Detroit on her big day!