Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!

I learned this one from my mother-in-law...

I replaced the creme from inside Oreos with toothpaste.


When Detroit got home from school today I gave her an after school snack of Oreos and milk. She took a bite and looked confused. Then she took another nibble and said, "This kind of tastes like toothpaste.?" There was a hint of wonder to her voice. Then she took another nibble and said, "This is so weird...it tastes like toothpaste!" It took several nibbles before she finally figured out that she was being tricked. It was so funny!


Then at dinner I offered Detroit a plate of spaghetti and miniature meatballs. (Pound cake covered with "spaghetti" frosting, strawberry syrup and whoppers.) She was not impressed by my sense of humor. Oh well...


2 comments:

kallunkimom said...

I'll have to remember the Oreo trick for Alisha - she loves them!
Of course, I'll have to color the toothpaste to look like the mint filling because that is her favorite kind.

kel bel said...

Brilliant. You're such a fun mom!