Monday, March 8, 2010

Marie Curie

This evening Detroit told me one of the funniest things I think I have ever heard...

A little boy in her class (who is a pain) told her she looked like Michael Jackson...whatever that means. So she told him, "You look like Marie Curie!" As she is telling me the story, I thought she was trying to be hip and call this kid Mariah Carey, so I said, "Did you mean Mariah Carey?" She says, "No, I called him Marie Curie." This proclamation was followed by wild laughter and it was obvious she was extremely pleased with that zinger of a comeback.

Oh my gosh, I think I cried and about peed my pants from laughing so hard. First of all, I am sure this boy doesn't even know who Marie Curie is, and second of all, what fourth grader uses Marie Curie as a comeback anyway! Detroit, that's who!

(I really wish I could have gotten the story on video, because she was SO proud of herself.)



2 comments:

Matt Kall said...

I would have called him Madam Curie... No one called her Marie.

Kallunki Family said...

She was very apologetic for such a glaring mistake and says she will make sure to get it right next time! Lol...